Friday, July 12, 2013

Mar-a-Lago's Famous Key Lime

Now this is more like it...  I usually use my powers in the kitchen for good, when asked to help pull of  some sweet revenge I really couldn't resist.  When that 3 o'clock craving hits at work we all struggle, running past the vending machine, trying got ignore the peanut M&M's, but yesterday Amanda wanted company in her misery and took it upon herself to deliver a handful of white chocolate to each of our desks in hopes to have us all fall off the wagon with her.  SMH, big mistake. 

As soon as the opportunity presented itself myself and my co-workers Nicole and Chelsea decided to give Amanda a taste of her own medicine... which involved Red Velvet Cupcakes, Brownies, and Key Lime Pie.  Oddly it didn't take too much convincing before we were all googling at our desks trying to come up with the easiest last minute recipes.  We had the best/worst breakfast this morning. 
 Definitely not proud... but it was worth it to see the look on Amanda's face this morning when all her faves were lined up on the kitchen counter.  There's no way to resist temptation of that magnitude, there is no will power great enough, not to mention the whole office smelled like a damn bakery.  Ruined my day.  Note to self: A breakfast of cheese-cake brownies, key lime pie & red velvet cupcakes will give you a stomach ache, I must be getting old. 

I honestly don't even like key lime pie, it always tastes too sour for me, but in the spirit of conquering something new I accepted the challenge and settled on a recipe which is supposed to be the best/most ordered desert on the menu at Donald Trumps Mar-a-Lago Club.  According to the Key Lime Connoisseurs I did alright for my first attempt.  For my own taste I'll definitely be adding more sugar or condensed milk to the filling, and adding a thicker layer of whipped cream on top to cut the tart lime flavor. 
Surprisingly my new "guinea pig" ate it up while I boasted about my homemade graham cracker crust and almond whipped cream while we watched Terminator last night, i think he's sold on the Key Lime craze.
 If you're a Key Lime lover or you're just adventurous here's the recipe, let me know what you think. http://www.oprah.com/food/Mar-a-Lago-Key-Lime-Pie-Recipe

Thanks for stopping in.  Be Safe.  Be Blessed. Smooches

1 comment:

  1. I forgot you had a damn blog! I'm no longer receiving my updates! :( let me see if I can subscribe again. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete