Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sautéed Citrus Crab Legs

Happy Thursday Folks,

I've only ever steamed crab legs, so I was intrigued by the saute idea.  Definitely less work and much more flavor.  I hardly eat crab legs because they're so messy, but I had a craving, as usual, and couldn't get rid of it.  I especially don't eat crab legs out in public, so these are good for sitting at home, lounging, where you can be gross and really enjoy them, with a glass of wine... HA!!

I got the idea for this recipe from Emeril's recipe on foodtv.com, but I wasn't feeling some of the ingredients so I improvised.


I started with clean crab legs in a medium-heated saute pan, let them sit for 2 minutes...

Then I added scallions, garlic, parsley, crushed red pepper to the pan and let simmer for another 2 minutes.  Seafood doesn't really require a long time to cook thoroughly, so you have to increase the flavor to get the best outcome.  I also didn't measure anything so just eye ball it based on how much sauce you want for dipping.

To evenly distribute heat and seasoning flip the legs over for another two minutes, then add lemon, lime and orange juice, not too much, just enough to get the citrus flavor, then add a couple tablespoons of butter, turn off heat, but leave pan on the burner and cover until ready to eat.  

Once the crab legs are out of the pan use a spoon to stir and taste the sauce and make any adjustments you like, I really didn't need any salt or pepper, the scallion, garlic and wine were savory enough for me.
I intended on eating these all in one sitting, but about halfway through I became disgusted with myself and decided to make two meals out of it. The flavor on these crab legs was so good I almost sucked the skin off my fingers PAUSE... and the second time I ate them I accidentally squirted the citrus sauce into my eye... #greedygirlproblems

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment