Friday, October 12, 2012

Tangy Steak Marinade

In the spirit of shopping a good sale I picked up Top Sirloin from my favorite grocery store and couldn't figure out what to do with it.  I started browsing the internet looking for popular steak marinades.  There are a few store bought ones that I like but they tend to be full of sodium and end up spoiling in my fridge because I don't finish them quick enough.

After skimming about a dozen recipes I decided to go forward with this one.  I made the Worcestershire Sauce the predominant ingredient since it has the most unique flavor and I really rarely use it.  

sidebar: I doubt the Foodtown I bought this from is even still open, luckily there's no expiration date HA!!

So I literally threw a little bit of everything into a Ziploc bag then tasted it, I also threw some sugar in which didn't make it sweet but helped balance out the balsamic taste.

I left it marinating in the fridge over night, a couple hours work as well. I also flipped the Ziploc over at some point to make sure both sides were marinated.

I know everyone doesn't enjoy their steak as medium as I do, but I can no longer stomach a well done steak, this came out perfect to me, pink in the middle and not dripping blood.  I don't like rare either, when its not even hot in the middle, yuck!

I broiled it by the way.

yummer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment